News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Why Would Someone Put THIS At My Front Door?

Started by the shark hunter, September 18, 2015, 04:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shark hunter

... as i was coming home yesterday i was alarmed to see a bag hanging from my front door handle ...

... however, on closer inspection i saw that it wasn't anything bad. inside the bag was a slice of APPLE PIE on a paper plate!

... but what am i to take from this? what does it mean? who might've left the pie there and why might they have done so?

... and more critically -- should i eat the pie? it's in my fridge and it looks delicious, but i'm not sure if i should eat it or not ...

... please advise me on this!
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

RW

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... as i was coming home yesterday i was alarmed to see a bag hanging from my front door handle ...

... however, on closer inspection i saw that it wasn't anything bad. inside the bag was a slice of APPLE PIE on a paper plate!

... but what am i to take from this? what does it mean? who might've left the pie there and why might they have done so?

... and more critically -- should i eat the pie? it's in my fridge and it looks delicious, but i'm not sure if i should eat it or not ...

I actually had this happen to me with a plate of cookies a couple years ago.  It turned out a neighbour down the street did it.  I didn't eat the cookies until I knew who they were from and I would advise you not to either until you discover who it is from.

If I am to guess though, I would say someone wanted to do something kind for you and share a slice of pie in hopes it would brighten up your day.  Conversely, someone might think you are an asshole and want to poison you.  It's hard to say without knowing who did it.

Here are the cookies I was left:

http://i57.tinypic.com/24xl2rs.jpg">
Beware of Gaslighters!

the shark hunter

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "the shark hunter"... as i was coming home yesterday i was alarmed to see a bag hanging from my front door handle ...

I actually had this happen to me with a plate of cookies a couple years ago.  It turned out a neighbour down the street did it.  I didn't eat the cookies until I knew who they were from and I would advise you not to either until you discover who it is from.

If I am to guess though, I would say someone wanted to do something kind for you and share a slice of pie in hopes it would brighten up your day.  Conversely, someone might think you are an asshole and want to poison you.  It's hard to say without knowing who did it.

Here are the cookies I was left:

http://i57.tinypic.com/24xl2rs.jpg">

... cool answer, RW.  thanks for it!

... i'm guessing it's likely the former, a kind gesture from someone ...

Anonymous

No.....don't eat please!!!  Not until you know who it's from.

Anonymous

This tells me someone likes you or something you have done..

Seeing what civic pride you have, I cannot blame them.

ac_smile

Renee

A few years ago I came home to a bag of tomatoes at my front door, no note, no indication who they were from, no nothing. Brought them in the house sat the bag on the kitchen counter and just looked at them for about a day. Then I threw them into the garbage.

About a week later a friend who lived about mile away stops by and says "how did you like the tomatoes"? I just looked at him and said "they were great, thanks for dropping them off.  :mad:

I don't want to sound ungrateful but what kind of a dunce does something like that?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

It's a kind gesture but rude not to leave a note.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"A few years ago I came home to a bag of tomatoes at my front door, no note, no indication who they were from, no nothing. Brought them in the house sat the bag on the kitchen counter and just looked at them for about a day. Then I threw them into the garbage.

About a week later a friend who lived about mile away stops by and says "how did you like the tomatoes"? I just looked at him and said "they were great, thanks for dropping them off.  :mad:

I don't want to sound ungrateful but what kind of a dunce does something like that?

I would have likely handled the tomatoes and the neighbour the same way Renee.

the shark hunter

Quote from: "Renee"A few years ago I came home to a bag of tomatoes at my front door, no note, no indication who they were from, no nothing. Brought them in the house sat the bag on the kitchen counter and just looked at them for about a day. Then I threw them into the garbage.

... yes i agree, there should be a note to go along with the offering.  otherwise it's not much different from leaving garbage at your door ...  ac_smile

Renee

Quote from: "RW"It's a kind gesture but rude not to leave a note.

Very, it's also disconcerting in a way that can make you paranoid.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

This may come as a shock, but not everyone loves the Iron Ch!nk. I would immediately suspect spiked fucking tomatoes.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"

This may come as a shock, but not everyone loves the Iron Ch!nk. I would immediately suspect spiked fucking tomatoes.

I find that hard to believe.  :laugh3:

RW

I think it's less weird when you live in a small town.
Beware of Gaslighters!

the shark hunter

Quote from: "RW"I think it's less weird when you live in a small town.

... yes that's true.  country folk wear their hearts on their sleeves more so than city folk ...

RW

Quote from: "the shark hunter"
Quote from: "RW"I think it's less weird when you live in a small town.

... yes that's true.  country folk wear their hearts on their sleeves more so than city folk ...

We tend to know each other better.
Beware of Gaslighters!